During your communication with Top Employers Institute, certain information about you is collected and processed. Some of the collected data allows us to identify you as a person: this is personal data. This document will tell you what personal data we may collect from you, how we collect it, how we protect it, how we may share it and what your rights are (accessibility, limiting, sharing and removal).
If, after reading this Privacy Statement, you have questions, please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal data that Top Employers Institute collects and processes from you. “Personal data” means information relating to you or another identifiable individual.
By using the website www.yingkuang39.site, Resource Centre, web shop and/or other products and services from Top Employers Institute, you are agreeing to that this Privacy Statement is applicable to the personal data processed by Top Employers Institute.
Top Employers Institute reserves the right to change this Privacy statement at any time.
What Information Do We Collect?
The following data can be collected and processed by Top Employers Institute in various ways. These include:
Data directly provided by you to Top Employers Institute
- Identification and contact information: name, first name, address, country, e-mail address, telephone or mobile phone number, date of birth, age, gender.
- Log-in data related to a user account: (user) name, e-mail address, password, security question and answer, connection times.
- Information concerning the products and / or services you wish to order, favourite products or services, interests, preferences you pass on via our websites, resource centre, web shop.
- Financial information: bank account number, BIC code, name of the account holder.
- Other data and content that you exchange, communicate and share through Top Employers Institute’s products, (mobile) websites, apps, web shops, ... such as text, images, sound recordings.
- In the case that you provide Top Employers Institute personal data that we did not request from you nor need from you, we will make sure to delete this personal data as soon as possible.
Data created by Top Employers Institute
- By attending a Certification Dinner, organised by Top Employers Institute, in the sake of the celebration of the certified participants, you allow Top Employers Institute to share pictures on Top Employers Institute’s website www.yingkuang39.site and/or other sources, only if these pictures are being used as promotion/marketing material.
Information you provide by using the websites, Resource Centre and web shop
When you use the websites www.yingkuang39.site, Resource Centre or web shop of Top Employers Institute, the following information can be processed: visited pages, websites and searches by means of cookies (http://www.yingkuang39.site/en/cookie-policy/), data you fill in yourself on our website www.yingkuang39.site, our Resource Centre or our web shop and other data you have granted the Top Employers Institute access to (such as location data).
Data from other sources
Top Employers Institute can also collect and process data through other sources, such as the purchase or rental of data collected by suppliers who specialise in this, Top Employers Institute’s partners, public sources, social media, etc. The rules and preferences of these providers will apply to the use of social media channels, both to you and to Top Employers Institute.
On the Top Employers Institute website, you can find links to other websites. These websites may not be managed by Top Employers Institute and may have their own privacy statement or policy. Top Employers Institute strongly advises you to read these and cannot take responsibility for these third-party websites.
You are not obliged to provide your data to Top Employers Institute or agree with the processing. Nevertheless, in certain cases it will be necessary to communicate personal data to Top Employers Institute (such as name, address, e-mail address), so that proper service can be provided, and the applicable legislation can be complied with.
What Personal Data Do We Process?
We collect your personal data and other information when you make a purchase, use or register into our services, take part in campaigns or otherwise interact with us. Personal data we collect can be; your name, IP address, job title, (business) email address and (business) telephone number.
Personal data is being processed by Top Employers Institute for the following purposes:
- The creation and execution of an agreement with you (such as closing subscriptions, ordering products and / or services, creating a user account), as well as invoicing and monitoring and collection of these invoices, whether or not via third parties.
- Making it possible to exchange, create and delete certain information and/or contact other users on (mobile) websites, apps, web shops.
- The continuous improvement, maintenance and optimization of our products, services, websites www.yingkuang39.site, Resource Centre, web shop and their security, as well as the optimization of general, commercial and marketing strategies of Top Employers Institute.
- Personalising the products and/or services to be delivered to you and the associated support services, user information, service messages or other related (electronic) messages.
- The targeted and optimally tailored sending of advertisements, newsletters and information. For this, Top Employers Institute can bundle your preferences and interests in a profile.
- Compliance with the regulations applicable to Top Employers Institute in the broadest sense;
- Other specific purposes for which separate permission can be requested.
Do We Share Personal Data?
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
Top Employers Institute can however exchange the personal data with its mother and sister companies.
Furthermore, personal data may also be shared with partners, suppliers or other employees of Top Employers Institute when the processing by these third parties is necessary for the creation, the execution, the use, the collection, the access or the processing regarding products, services, websites, Resource Centre and web shop. With these partners, suppliers or other appointees, the necessary agreements have always been concluded that restrict the use and processing of your personal data and which guarantees sufficient protection of your personal data.
If your consent is legally required or we believe that your consent is appropriate depending on the circumstances, we will always ask for this permission before we share your personal data or forward it to a country outside the European Economic Area.
Your personal data will only be released in accordance with this Privacy Statement and/or if this is legally required. In rare cases, Top Employers Institute may have to disclose your personal data pursuant to a court order or to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations. Top Employers Institute will make reasonable efforts to inform you in advance of this unless this is subject to legal restrictions.
Your personal data may be transferred to parties mentioned above that are not residing in the European Union due to Top Employers Institute’s global presence in conducting its services.
Our partners, supplier or other appointees may only use your personal data to send you offers, newsletters and other commercial information, if you have given separate permission for this. If you no longer wish to receive this, you can always contact these third parties to stop this use of the personal data (see point 7 of this Privacy statement & policy).
Finally, personal data can always be anonymised and shared with third parties. In this case, you will never be identified on the basis of this anonymised data.
What Are Your Rights?
When using our website and submitting personal data to us, you may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other laws. Depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data, you may have some or all of the following rights:
- The right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about the personal data we collect from you, and how we process it
- The right of access
You have the right to get confirmation that your personal data is being processed and have the ability to access your personal data
- The right to rectification
You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it
- The right to restrict processing
You have the right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your personal data. When your personal data is restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process it further
- The right to data portability
You have the right to request and get your personal data that you provided to us and use it for your own purposes. We will provide your data to you within 30 days of your request. To request your personal data, please contact us using the information at the top of this Privacy Statement
- The right to object
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for the following reasons:
- Processing was based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- Direct marketing (including profiling); and
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You will have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
Filing a complaint with authorities
You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy.
What Is Our Safety Policy?
Security of the data
To protect your personal data in the best possible way, Top Employers Institute takes all reasonable measures and applies best practices to prevent loss, misuse, disclosure, unauthorized access or modification of this personal data. Both at technical and organisational level, the necessary measures are taken to provide a sufficient level of security.
Payment details are always protected according to the standard encryption that is customary to protect sensitive financial information.
Storage of data
We retain personal data that we collect from you only for as long as we need it for legal, business, or tax purposes. Your information may be retained in electronic form, paper form, or a combination of both. When your information is no longer needed, we will destroy, delete, or erase it.
What Are Our Contact Details?
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that Top Employers Institute has about you.
- Correct any information that Top Employers Institute has about you.
- Delete information that Top Employers Institute has about you.
If you have any additional questions about the Top Employers Institute’s collection and storage of data, please contact us at:
Top Employers Institute
Mondriaan Tower, 17th floor
1096 BC AMSTERDAM
T: +31 (0)20 262 99 15
Changes to This Privacy Statement
Top Employers Institute may change this Privacy Statement at any time with or without notice. We recommend that you re-visit this Privacy Statement from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Privacy Statement.
This policy was updated 30 November 2018